Sunday 17 July 2011

Almond buttahh!!!

I had such a pleasant surprise this morning. After running out of my stand by jar of peanut butter, I dipped into my newly bought jar of Blue Diamond crunchy almond butter.

I spread some on a peice of whole wheat toast... YUM!

It was the perfect breakfast alongside some beautiful raspberries

You can tell from the chart below that almond butter offers significantly more Vitamin E than standard peanut butter. However, both are fair sources of protein and fibre. If you are allergic to peanuts, some almond butters are completely peanut free. I'll continue to eat both kinds to satisfy my nutrient requirements and taste buds!

Happy living!
~Princess



2 tbsp. peanut butter 2 tbsp. almond butter
Calories 190 190
Total Fat (g) 16 16
Saturated Fat (g) 2 1.5
Carbs (g) 7 6
Fiber (g) 3 4
Protein (g) 8 7
Calcium 1% 8%
Iron 3% 6%
Vitamin E 14% 40%
Folate 6% 6%

0 comments:

Post a Comment