Wednesday 5 October 2011

Letter to the Princess: Tasty munchies

Thank you for your question ANONYMOUS reader! (gotta love supportive family)  <3

Dear Princess,
I was packing today for a rather long trip that I'm about to take, and I thought I had everything I needed. Comfy shoes? Check. Headphones? Check. Three books, four magazines, and a catalog to read between layovers? Check. But tasty munchies? None!
What kind of goodies do you stash in your skate bag when you're on the go?

I am truly a Princess of snacks! I always have an emergency munchie or two in my bag.

I'm not sure why I always started to make sure I have food on hand...maybe it's because I turn into a raging tantrum throwing beast when I'm hungry :)

ANYWAY, I always bring some back up food with me, so starving is far from possible!

THE PRINCESS'S 2 MAIN "ON THE GO" FOOD GROUPS :)

1. BARS




2. PACKETS


Of course you can always never go wrong with a healthy homemade trailmix!!!

 Glow Trail Mix
All this goji barry and dark chocolate goodness from Keep it Skinny

Hearty Healthy Trail Mix
This dried fruit, nut, and granola masterpiece from Eat Clean Diet

Tropical Trail Mix
This recipe combo of pineapple, coconut, and macadamia from laurajcampbell

So wherever you go, you can have that "I just ate something delicious, and it was healthy!" smile on your face :D

Happy living, 
~Princess

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always have snacks with me and it makes me wonder how people travel on a daily basis without them! I've never been one to stop for food when I'm out running errands, so it's essential to have some healthy snacks packed! Great suggestions! :)

Anonymous said...

i ALWAYS keep snacks with me...if not i'll become starving and eat something not so healthy!

Hilliary Meisner said...

I always have some sort of snack with me! My favorites are trail mix and bars! Love the kind bars! These are some great picks!

Anonymous said...

Love it! A lot of these are my exact "on-the-go" go-tos as well! :)

Meri said...

Mmm great snacks. I'm a total bar fiend and love finding new ones to try :) I like just plain dried fruit as an on-the-go snack. A bit sugary, but it gives me energy!

Meri said...

Also, I'm a new follower of your blog. Its adorable!

Anonymous said...

Those are all great snacks. I love trial mix especially the one with chocolate in them. :)

Post a Comment